Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Vandalism?!

Iread an interesting conversation on a homeschool message board this morning, and I'd like to hear what others think about it, so feel free to leave a comment if you like.

A group of homeschooling Mom's was discussing the practice of leaving gospel tracts in stores and other public places where it has not yet been forbidden.

One lady mentioned that she often leaves tracts with salvation messages stuck between the pages of library books. Another lady mentioned that on a recent trip to the library, she saw several "pro-homosexual" books in the children's section~books with titles like "One Dad, Two Dad, Red Dad, Blue Dad" and "Heather Has Two Mommies". She took these books and slid them behind some other books so that her own children wouldn't see them, as she felt her kids were not ready for the answers to the questions that these books might invite. She did NOT put the books back before leaving the library.

I was AMAZED at the reaction to this by some of the other folks on this board! Some said that leaving tracts in or on items in stores is sin because the store is not our personal property! Another person said that leaving tracts in library books and moving library books was vandalism!!!

WHAT?! VANDALISM?? Oh, COME ON!!!

Now honestly, I"ve laid books face down in the library before because I didn't want my kids to see them. I"ve never actually moved or hidden any, but I can't imagine calling it "sin" or "vandalism"!!

As for the tracts, what's wrong with leaving one inside a book? The person who finds it will either read and be blessed, or be annoyed and throw it away. What's the harm?

I am fine with the fact that some folks are not comfortable leaving tracts around, or moving offensive library books. But to call it sin and vandalism?! Good Grief, people, get a GRIP!!

Okay. ( Deep Breath). I feel better now!! :)
Vicki

1 comment:

jeannie said...

I am glad you feel better. (lol)
I am with you "WHAT"......
Some people just need Jesus in there heart & lives.

jeannie