Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Comfortable Slippers

My husband gave me wonderful Christmas gifts this year, and I love them all, but I think one has become my favorite. He got me a wonderful pair of slippers that are absolutely the most comfortable things I have ever worn!! I would wear them everywhere if I could get away with it!!
I love the cozy, comfy feeling I get every time I slip my feet into them.

This got me to thinking about a lot of things in my life that I'm grateful for~things that give me the same cozy, familiar feeling as comfortable slippers.

I missed my prayer and Bible reading time for a few days during our Christmas break. When I finally did sit down again, when everyone else was asleep and I was on my favorite spot on the couch with a blanket, I opened my Bible and started reading, and I got that warm, cozy feeling~Just like comfortable slippers.

One of the things I am proudest of about our marriage is that I truly believe we are not just husband and wife, not just parents, not just servants of God together, and not even just 2 peole in love~we are truly FRIENDS. Night before last, I, as I so often do, let my mouth go into fast forward while my brain was still in nuetral, and I said some things I shouldn't have. In my defense, I DID have a valid point to make. Even my dh says so. It was the WAY in which I chose to make my point that caused tension between us. I hate when there is tension between us. But, the Lord gave me grace to apologize, and opened my dh's heart to accept that apology, and we had SUCH a good time last night, watching a football game together!! That won't sound so odd to you unless you know me well enough to know that I am not much of a football fan at all. But, being with my dh last night, watching him enjoy something that he loves, watching him be glad when his team ( thank goodness! ) won, and the easy, comfortable, conversation that passed between us was just like slipping back into your favorite pair of slippers.

I am thankful to my Lord and Savior for all the "comfy slippers" in my life!
Vicki

No comments: