Monday, January 21, 2008

I Don't Want it Anymore, Lord!!

I have, for SO long, paid lip service to the fact that myself, and all that I have, belongs to the Lord. While I've always SAID that, I don't know that I"ve really, truly, deep down, BELIEVED it.

It's a fact that our actions will follow our beliefs. Our actions will not necessarily follow what we SAY we believe. They will follow what we TRULY believe.

I know, on some level, that all that I have belongs to God, and that He is in ultimate control of everything. But, there MUST be a part ofme that doesn't truly BELIEVE that, because I continue to stubbornly insist on trying to control things myself. And you know what? It's exhausting! And? I"m done.

Lord,
I"ve paid You lip service for too long. My life belongs to you, yet I try to control it. My money belongs to You, yet I try to manage it myself, then ask You to fix it when I screw up. My body is Yours, yet I abuse it by not caring for it as I should. Your Word tells me that the power over my body belongs to my husband, yet I give almost no thought as to whether he is pleased with it or not.

I decide what I want, then I plead with You to give it to me, and then I pout when you don't. The truth is, I"ve wanted control of everything, including what You do or don't do in my life!

I"m done, Lord. I'm so tired. I don't want that control anymore. It's not mine, it's Yours, and I was a fool to fight You for it. I want to present myself to You anew, Father, a living sacrifice, which is nothing more than my reasonable service.

I surrender my life, my body, my marriage, my children, our home, our money, our loved ones, my time, and my thoughts all to You, Father. I've been carrying a burden that I placed on myself, and I don't want it any more, Father. I ask You now to take it from me, and to let me rest in Your Arms, under Your control, and in Your loving care.
In the precious, sweet, holy name of Jesus I pray,
Amen.
Vicki

No comments: