Friday, January 25, 2008

Because Inquiring Minds Want to Know...Apparently

I've gotten several questions on the "10 Things...Just For Fun" post from a couple of days ago~so, here are some brief explanations.

My 8 trips to Walt Disney World~I visited the Magic Kingdom( the only park they had at the time) with my aunt when I was 6 or 7 years old, and I fell in love with the place. I visited there again at about age 10 when I tagged along with my Dad on a business trip in Orlando. That day at the Magic Kingdom with my Dad is one of my most treasured childhood memeories. I visited WDW again at about age 14, with my parents and a friend of mine. The next year, I went again, with just my parents. Then, dh and I spent a few days there on our honeymoon. We returned the following year, just for a couple of days. Then, in 2003, we spent a week there with our 3 kids. We did that again in 2005. We thought about going there again this spring, but we've decided to take a trip with my family to Myrtle Beach, SC instead.

A shrink wrap machine is the machine that seals things like cassette tapes, harcover books, and cd's in plastic before they are shipped to the stores.

I thought dh was a lot older than me because he's had gray in his hair since high school, and I thought he was married because the first time I saw him, he was with a girl, and I could have sworn I saw a ring on his hand~but that girl turned out to be his sister, and he wasn't wearing a ring.

It was my Mom who dared me to wear white high top tennis shoes under my wedding gown

The woman threatening to jump from a 3rd story window was a lady who was staying in the homeless shelter that my parents operated for 15 years. The night that happened, my Dad was out of town preaching somewhere, and my Mom was in bed, reovering from surgery.

The title of my Dad's book, Monkey Grass, came from the grass that was growing outside the office of the homeless shelter that we operated. The kids stomped on that stuff, yanked it up, trampled on it, and who knows what else, but no matter what, that stuff would NOT die! It just kept coming back, springing up out of the ground and growing, no matter what. Our family is like that too, doing our best to stand for the Lord, no matter what.

And there you have it....the rest of the story. :)
Vicki

No comments: