Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Good Reads

Over our Christmas break, I did something I haven't done in a long time. I read a few books that were fiction, just for entertainment. I read a LOT, but lately I've read mostly devotional books, and books read for informational purposes.

I've heard a lot about Francine Rivers and Karen Kingsbury, both writers of christian fiction. I confess, I have loved to read for as long as I can remember, but the only christian fiction I'd ever read was a series of Janette Oke books I got from the library of my christian high school. I found those books to be very sweet, and somewhat enjoyable, but a little, I don't know, dull or something. So, I'd never read Rivers or Kingsbury. Then, I was given some Barnes and Noble gift cards for Christmas. I decided I'd try one of each, so I got "The Scarlet Thread" by Francine Rivers, and "Even Now" by Karen Kingsbury. I LOVED them both! You would especially like The Scarlet Thread if you enjoy historical fiction.

I loved Even Now too, and I'm excited because I just found out that there is a sequel called Ever After. I can't wait to read it! I've also read excerpts from Karen Kingsbury's "One Tuesday Morning" and "Beyond Tuesday Morning", and I'm looking forward to reading both of those.
My sister has loaned me Francine Rivers " A Voice in the Wind" and it's sequel. I"ve almost finished it, and am looking forward to the sequel. So, if you're looking for a good book, check out some of these!
Vicki

No comments: