Monday, April 9, 2007

What do you do with days like this.....

When you are just in a foul mood, and it doesn't look like it's going to get better any time soon?

The situations I'm dealing with today are things that will eventually be worked out one way or the other, but there is no "quick fix"~no way that these things can be taken care of TODAY, or even within the next couple of days.

One situation involves family members, and it's hard because the person who has caused the problem is someone very close to me who doesn't even realize that they HAVE, in fact, caused a problem. Or, more precisely, this person is aware of the situation, but does not view it as a problem. Therefore, trying to work it out is rather like banging your head against the wall!!

The other situation is financial. It too will be worked out soon enough, but it's going to take time.

Finally, I am struggling spiritually because of these 2 situations. We have been tithing faithfully for some time now, and handling our money is what we believe to be a Scriptural way. In spite of all of this, we still struggle financially. Now, I know that God doesn't promise us that tithing will remove any and all financial struggles. But I truly believed that AT LEAST things wouldn't always be SUCH a financial struggle. But, instead of getting better, things have gotten worse, and if I may be blunt, I think that stinks!!!

I know that God can work out both the financial situation and the family problem, but for whatever reason, He has not chosen to do that, and I guess I'm just having a pity party and asking Him WHY today.

If you are so inclined, I could surely use some prayers today.
Blessings,
Vicki

3 comments:

Christina said...

I'm praying for you guys, Vicki! We have been in the same situation MANY times, unfortunately, so I can relate. I'm not sure that I can give you any encouraging words, but I did want to let you know that I am praying.

Susan said...

Praying for you too Vicki!

Mama Fish said...

Vicki- I really appreciate your honesty, especially in how you feel. Some people might try to spiritualize things, and put on a pious face. But I like how you put it, "I think that stinks". I have to tell you, those would be my feelings as well. I know I would get over them, and get to the place of acceptance. But it is refreshing to see the "realness" in your post. I'll be praying for you as well.