Thursday, April 12, 2007

I'm really cookin' now!!

Sorry. I tried to give this post another title, I really did, but I just couldn't resist. What can I say? I'm weak! :)

I, Vicki, otherwise known as "she who hates to cook" has now cooked dinner using actual recipes from an actual cookbook for 2 nights in a row. I realize this means NOTHING to most people, but this is quite the accomplishment for me.

Yesterday for breakfast, we had waffles. Yes, they were the frozen kind that you just pop into the oven for 5 minutes, but I still consider them to be a step up from Pop Tarts! LOL For lunch, we had deli ham, sliced cheese, crackers, and grapes. Last night's dinner was baked bbq chicken which turned out to be delicious! The homemade macaroni and cheese, well, not so much. It was edible, but not good. On the upside, I do think I know what went wrong with the mac and cheese, so I will try again some time~one day when I'm feeling brave. :)

Today's "brunch" was toast~with cheese, or with butter and jelly, or peanut butter~kids choice and fruit~the fruit was canned, except for the grapes, but again, better than Pop Tarts.

Dinner was better tonight. I used a recipe called 'beef noodle skillet"~basically, it's home made hamburger helper. I served some mixed veggies with it, and made "bits of sunshine biscuits". All of these items were a hit with hubby and the munchkins! YAY!

We WILL be sticking to one night a week of frozen/microwavable dinners. This is because I have to do my grocery shopping in the evening when dh can drive me, so usually by the time we get home, everyone is HUNGRY and TIRED, including me. So, we do really easy, quick stuff on Tuesdays, which is our usual grocery shopping night.

You didn't expect me to go completely cold turkey, did you? :)
Blessings,
Vicki

No comments: