Thursday, April 26, 2007

Getting out of the pit, and taking the plunge

I have GOT to tell you~if you haven't read Beth Moore's book titled "Get Out of That Pit" then please, by all means, get hold of a copy and read it. I got it from the library, but as soon as I am able, I WILL be purchasing my own copy.

I don't know. Maybe the Lord won't use it to speak to you the way He used it to speak to me, but you won't know unless you read it. All I can say is that it opened my eyes to a LOT of things. I read the whole thing in 2 days, and even before I finished the book, my thinking about several areas of my life had changed.

In a nutshell, we all are, or have been 'living in a pit' at some point in our lives~a pit we were thrown into by unforseen circumstances like serious illness, death of a loved one, drastic financial issues, and other circumstances~a pit we slipped into by giving in to a "little" sin, or indulging in a "little" self pity, etc.~or, a pit we jumped into, knowing we were making the wrong decision but doing it anyway because it's what we wanted to do. The point of the book is that no matter what pit we are in, or how we got there, we do NOT have to stay there!! God does not intend for us to be "pit dwellers". I cannot express how this has "hit home" for me, and how it has impacted my thinking about many areas of my life. I really, strongly encourage you to read the book, prayerfully and with a heart and mind open to hearing that still small voice.

Now, about taking the plunge~well, tonight I did it. I told our Children's Ministry Director tonight that I would serve as VBS Director for 2007. Heaven help me, I hope that I haven't bitten off more than I can chew on this one!! Last year's program was fantastic~I hope this year's program will be as good.

Satan keeps whispering in my ear that this is too big a job for me, that I can't do it, and he keeps listing for me all the things that are going to keep me from being able to do this and do it well.

But you know what? We had 6 precious children saved during our VBS last year. One of those was my daughter. 6 may not be a huge number, but that is 6 precious souls that have been snatched out of satan's grip. If we can do that again, if we can pull back just one child from the edge of Satan's snare and lead that precious child to Christ, then it will all have been worth it.

Please, please remember me, our church, and our VBS program in your prayers.

Blessings,
Vicki

1 comment:

Mama Fish said...

Vicki- I will definitely be getting that book for reading in the month of May. Even if it is also from the library....it sounds very good.