Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Homeschooling means you never have to grow up!!

I had a blast annoying my kids this morning!!! Yeah, I said ANNOYING my kids! I was being a huge pain in the keister, and I was having fun doing it!!! LOL

The whole hum-drum "pick up all your stuff and put it away, make your beds, brush your hair, brush your teeth, etc, etc." every morning was getting really old. So this morning, I told the kids that I was the "Clutter robot" on robot patrol. I walked through the entire house, and whenever I saw anything out of place, I would stop, point at it, and make a really loud, really obnoxious siren/alarm type noise until one of the kids ran over and put the offending item away, or made the bed, or brushed the hair, or whatever it was that was needed.

This SO annoyed my 9yo daughter, Rachel!! Every time she said
"Mo-o-o-o-m!" in that thoroughly annoyed voice, I thought to myself "Yeah! Payback! All Right!" LOL

So, Rachel was annoyed, but Alex and Noah were laughing their heads off, and the house got straightened up, so, it works for me!! I thoroughly enjoyed behaving like an annoying 4 year old!!

Now, I have to go behave like a boring old grown up and make the boring old grocery list so we can go buy some boring old grown up groceries. Bummer! :(

Blessings,
Vicki

2 comments:

Susan said...

LOL!! Sounds kind of fund!!

jeannie said...

HEHEHEH Love it!!!