Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A 4 post day!!!

This post might explain a bit about the "tone" of my 3 previous posts from today.

This morning, I needed to go into the bathroom. Seeing that the door was halfway open, I assumed no one was in there and walked right in. That is where I found my 5 year old son, standing in a perfectly good bathroom, RIGHT next to a perfectly good toilet, tinkling into the TRASH CAN!!!!!

What on earth is up with THAT?! What makes a healthy, typical, 5yo boy walk into the bathroom and say to himself "Sure, there is a perfectly good, clean toilet here, but, hmmm....I think it's a good idea to use the trash can instead."

WHAT the heck?!!

Once I found my voice again, I immediately let him know, in NO uncertain terms that he was never, ever, ever, to do that again!!!

Now. Fast forward to this afternoon. It's 5:15 pm. Roger and the kids are trying to eat their supper so we can leave for church by 6pm. I'm in the other room getting ready, and I hear Roger say "Noah, where are you? You're too quiet! What are you up too?" Noah doesn't answer, so a minute later I can hear Roger's footsteps, walking around the house, looking for Noah. The next thing I hear is Roger booming out "NOAH BRIAN!!!!"

Right away, I know this CAN'T be good. I rush into the room they are in. I see Roger, but don't see Noah. That, I soon find out, is because Noah is hiding under the bed. He doesn't yet realize that hiding under the bed is a dead giveaway that he's done something he shouldn't have done.

Roger pulls Noah out from under the bed. Noah immediately begins to cry, burying his face on Roger's shoulder. He refuses to look at either of us. This is NOT good.

The child had taken gum from an Easter basket ~without permission, I might add. He had gotten gum in his hair, and rather than tell us that so that we could get it out, he decides to use a pair of child's scissors to CUT the gum out of his hair!!!!! AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

He now has a small almost bald spot right in the FRONT of his hair!!!!

I fear that I'll be joining him soon. Sooner or later, I'M going to have a bald spot if I keep pulling my hair out this way!!!!!!

Is anybody out there praying for me? Oh, Lord have mercy, I hope so!!!! :)
Blessings,
Vicki

4 comments:

jeannie said...

Vicki~ The great thing is you have memories of something to laugh about later...(LOL)
Praying 4 U
jeannie

Susan said...

What a day!! (((Vicki)))

Karen said...

CJ cut his own hair right in the front once. It was right before we were scheduled to have pictures made and he looks completely goofy in those pictures. He didn't even hide thought, he was proud of his handiwork!

Hope today is better for you!

Unknown said...

Oh honey! Trust me your not the only momma that has gone through this! My twins still do things like this and they are 9yrs old! I need to tell you some of my horror stories...and you will think that this episode with Noah is no big deal. promise. I am praying though because I do understand. Email me sometime or call...I'd love to tell you a few stories..lol

Donna Scott