Thursday, April 19, 2007

Differences between Men and Women

We all know that men and women are different from each other. What continues to amaze me though, is the many WAYS in which we are different.

I had a conversation yesterday with some folks from our church. There were 4 of us present, 3 women and a man. I made a comment that meant NOTHING to the women, but, for whatever reason, the man took offense to what I said. I was surprised that he was offended, but still, I did apologize. He merely nodded, then walked away!!! So then, *I* was offended!!!

I was in a bit of a bad mood yesterday anyway, and the more I thought about this, the more annoyed I became. I was annoyed that he was offended in the first place, and even more annoyed that he was rather rude when I apologized.

While all this was going on, I made a comment to a friend in an email. After re-reading it when it came to my inbox, I thought that it might have sounded rude, so I wrote again to let her know that I did not intend any offense. I think that is a "woman" thing. I didn't KNOW that she was offended, but wanted to say something "just in case".

Then, LOL! She read my blog in which I ranted about the man I had talked to, but I didn't SAY on the blog that it was a man~I just said it was a person. Bless her heart, she wrote to me to again assure me that she never meant any offense to me, because she thought the blog post might be referring to her!!

Now, I like this lady very much and have a great deal of respect for her, and I would not laugh at her, but this is funny!!! Here is this man, being so easily offended, and then rude when I apologized, and then here are me and my friend running email circles around each other to make sure that we haven't hurt each others feelings!! You wouldn't catch a couple of guys doing that!! LOL!
Blessings,
Vicki

2 comments:

jeannie said...

No you would not find GUYS doing that at all... Women get it, men dont... Hehe
jeannie~

Christina said...

Hee hee! We women are a silly breed aren't we? (no offense intended...that is me trying to be witty again. LOL)I so enjoy reading your blog!