Saturday, April 21, 2007

Open Thank You Letters

To Our Family Doctor:

You know, you TOTALLY cost us too much money, but I'm willing to deal with that because you are a rare breed among doctors. Thank you for calling me and my husband by our first names and not only and always referring to us as "Mom" and "Dad". I mean really, I love being called Mom, but only by my children!!!

Thank you for remembering that our family loves baseball, and asking me how my fantasy team is doing whenever I come into your office.

Thank you for behaving as if you care about my children as individuals, and not treating them like a number.

Thank you for encouraging me to trust my instincts when it comes to my children, and for never speaking to me as if I'm stupid.

Because of all of these things, I don't mind so much your trip to Hawaii that my family probably paid for!!! :)

Sincerely,
A grateful parent

To My Husband:
Okay, I know I should have posted this letter FIRST, but work with me here, okay? :)
Thank you for getting up and going to work EVERY single morning, whether you feel like it or not, so that I can be home with our kids. Thank you for being willing to go to work at 2 jobs so that we can make ends meet.

Thank you for knowing when I need a hug, and when I just need to be left alone.

Thank you for listening to my endless rambling about curriculum, which standardized test to use, and whether or not our son is ready for formal education.

Thank you for patiently listening to me blow off steam when the kids have rubbed my nerves raw.

Thank you for laughing with me at the hilarious things they do and say.

Thank you for barring them from our room on Saturday mornings so that I can have some time to myself, and for always making Saturday mornings fun for them.

Thank you for loving me even in the midst of my moods, pms, worrying too much, talking too much, and all those other things that I am sure must drive you nuts.

Oh, and thanks for letting me play with you guys in the fantasy baseball league.

Most of all, thank you for being the Godly, loving husband, father, man that you are.
I love you more than I know how to say.
With all my heart,
Your Wife

To the AWANA Leaders at church:
Thank you for caring about our children. Thank you for partnering with us in teaching our children the Word of God. Thank you for making my kids feel special. Thank you for your willingness to be used by the Lord to bless the children in AWANA. You are a blessing to their parents as well.
Sincerely,
A grateful parent

Thank you, Lord:
Thank you for Your Son, Jesus Christ, who paid the price for my sins.

Thank you for the husband You chose for me, and the children You blessed us with. Thank you for allowing the times of testing and trials to draw us closer together, rather than driving us apart.

Thank you for allowing us to have such a wonderful relationship with my parents and my sisters. Thank you for blessing our family with my neices and nephews.

Thank you for giving us assuracne that we are in the church You want us in. Thank you for the friends we've made there.

Thank you for leading our family to homeschool. Thank you for your guidance and direction in our efforts to give them a good education. Thank you for a fantastic homeschool group, and the wonderful friends we have there.

Thank You, Lord, for the peace that comes from knowing that You are in complete control of every facet of my lfie. Thank you for your boundless, endless love, of which I am so unworthy. Thank You for loving me.
With love,
Your Child

Blessings,
Vicki

1 comment:

hsm2twins said...

Vicki:
I truly enjoyed reading this post. Thanks for sharing!