Friday, April 20, 2007

Open Letters

I have seen "open letters" on several blogs lately. It's a way to let off steam and maybe while you're at it, give someone else a laugh, or something to think about. So, here goes:

Dear Library Employee:

I am the person that asked you a question this morning. As a first time visitor to your library, I expected to be treated with a bit more kindness. It is, after all, a PUBLIC library, and I am, in fact, a tax paying member of the public. The county that employs you should really think about spending some of our tax money to send you to charm school.

Sincerely,
An Insulted Citizen

Dear OTHER Library employee:
Thank you for being so kind to me after the other individual was such a snarky snit. You are to be commended for your friendliness. I am proud to pay taxes so that our public libraries can employ such nice people as yourself. I hope you start to "rub off" on your co-worker!! And for what it's worth, I think it's a shame that such a nice person as you has to work alongside someone who is such a grouch.
Sincerely,
A Grateful Library Patron

Dear Rude Relative:
Yeah, I'm talking to you~the one who heard me mention something that my son did, then asked me if I spanked him for it, then 5 seconds later, heard my husband mention somethning ELSE my son did, and asked me if I spanked him for that!!

Okay, first of all, it's NONE of your business.Second of all, I have witnessed your parenting skills. You do a nice job, but perfect you are NOT! So, lay off me, lay off my kids, and mind your own doggone business!!
Sincerely,
Your Ticked Off Relative

Coming soon: Open "thank you" letters.

Blessings,
Vicki

2 comments:

Susan said...

Vicki, I don't know if you'll think it's okay but this totally made me laugh!! You are a fiesty one, aren't you?? ;o)

hsm2twins said...

A great stress reliever to be able to tell someone just once a day how you really feel. Now you can, on your blog!! Well said!