Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Aaah, That Felt Good!!

We went to a small church to hear my Dad preach, and I have to say, it felt really GOOD!!

It's not just that it was my Dad preaching, although I always enjoy hearing him. It's because this was just a little church that I guess some would call old fashioned, but I have never met friendlier people in my life, and it was SO obvious that these folks were there to WORSHIP THE LORD!!

Sadly, we have just come out of a situation in which it seemed like many ( not all, but many) of the people who came to church came to see what would happen next~what or who would be voted in or out, that sort of thing. Or, they were coming merely to see and/or be seen. I have been in many services in recent months that felt a lot more like attending a performance than going to church to worship.

This church is small, but comfortable and VERY well kept and maintained. The music was simple, but joyful and worshipful. It was truly like a breath of fresh air, and I am so thankful for it!

This church is currently without a pastor, and they are interested in the possibility of my Dad pastoring there. We do not yet know if that is the Lord's will or not, but right now, I'm thinking that wouldn't be such a bad thing. We'll just have to wait and see what the Lord has in store for us.

Vicki