Friday, August 3, 2007

My Husband is out on a date.....

with our 7yo daughter!! LOL!

I believe the plan for their evening was dinner at a place of her choosing ( I"d bet she picked McDonald's) and a movie at the "cheap" movie place.

My husband does this every so often with all 3 of our kids, though when he takes our son out, they don't call it a "date", it's just "hanging out together".

I'm so thankful for a wonderful husband who will take the time to spend individual time with each one of our children, and for children who are genuinely excited about spending an afternoon or evening with Daddy.

I know that not every child is that fortunate. I have a teenage nephew who spends time with his father ( his parents are divorced) becaue he "feels like he should", but it's NOT something he looks forward to doing. It's such a shame, and it just breaks my heart.

In other happenings around here, we are just about ready to start school again. We will officially begin on Monday. Rachel wanted to start last week, and I thought about it, but I wanted to do a bit more de-cluttering and organizing in the house before we "dive in".

Rachel is excited about getting started, and so am I. I'm not sure about Alex and Noah, but hopefully they will get excited once we get started.

We are still "up in the air" about church. It is looking like my Dad may be pastoring again soon. I think that would be great. I wasn't terribly excited about the idea of my Dad starting a church "from scratch", because we've done that before, and it's really hard. But, it looks like he might be called to pastor an all ready established church in our area. I think that would be great.

Until we went to that small church last Wednesday night, I"d forgotten how nice it was to be in a church that had a "family" feel to it, and where the focus is on listening to what God has to say to us through His Word, and worshipping Him, not participating in this activity or that one. I'm thinking it would be really nice to get back to that.

Recently, I was talking with a friend of mine about another lady that we both know. My friend made the comment that maybe this lady was trying to get back to a time in her life when she felt closer to the Lord. It has dawned on me in the last couple of days that this is exactly what I'd like to do!!

It's not that I'm "miles away" from the Lord now, but I CAN remember a time when I felt a particularly "special" closeness to the Lord. I would love, love, love to get back to that~not only for myself, but for my family.

I know that the Lord hasn't moved anywhere~it's ME that has "wandered away". How wonderful it is to know that He is always right there, waiting to receive me with open arms, no matter how far away I've wandered. Oh, how I praise God for that!!
Vicki

No comments: