Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Well, son, Rome wan't built in a day!! :)

Yesterday was my son's first "official" day in Kindergarten. He was excited about finally having his turn to do the lesoons in what my kids call "the big yellow book". ( Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons).

We did his first lesson together, and a couple of workbook pages, then he ran off to play. A few minutes later, he came back and was hanging around ( literally, since he was hanging upside down in the recliner) listening to his sisters work on their lessons for the day. As I finished up with one of the girls Noah called out, urgently, Mommy!! Mommmy!! When I asked "What is it, Noah?" He replied, VERY concerned, "Mommy, I did the stuff in the big yellow book, but I STILL CAN'T READ!!!

LOL!!

I assured him (again) that he will be able to read when we get to the end of the big yellow book, and that satisfied him enough for him to decide that his toy cars were more interesting than his sister's schoolwork, so off he went. :)

It must be wonderful to be 5 years old. :)
Vicki

2 comments:

jeannie said...

How cute...

Susan said...

That is just too cute!!!