Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Up In The Air~ A Place I Hate To Be!!

We've had 3 days of school now, and all 3 days have gone very well. You would think I'd be glad to be settling into a routine.

In a way, I am. But, we also have a lot of things that are "up in the air" right now. I can handle one thing at a time being undecided, but too many more than that mkes me tense and edgy.

Some time ago, we condidered the possibility of moving. Now, we've pretty much decided to stay where we are. My sister is planning to sell her house and build a smaller one on some property that she all ready owns. She will still be next door to my parents, just on the other side. So, my parents are staying put, and so are we. It is financially in our best interest to stay here and remodel this house rather than buy another one.

That is one of my struggles though~ I live in fear and dread of ANY remodeling project in this house!! Some of you will remember the fiasco we had a just over a year ago when we remodeled our bathroom. I am unable to drive, and was stuck here in this house for MANY days with 3 small kids and no bathroom!! I CANNOT go through anything like that again!

That one was the worst, but it seems that EVERY remodeling project that we tackle in this house ends up being more work, more expense, and more time than we originally thought. I hate the house being torn up. I hate not being able to use parts of my house.

I'd love to have the house remodeled, I just wish we could live somewhere else while it's being done! It will have to be done in stages because we cannot afford to do it all at once. Yuck.

We went to a small church last Sunday morning to hear my Dad preach. We liked the church a lot, and my kids LOVED it. They have asked my Dad to come back and preach again this Sunday morning and Sunday evening, so I'm happy about that. I'll be even MORE glad when we're settled in a church somewhere.

I'm also struggling again with in-lasw issues and could really use some prayer for that. I need a breakthrough there. By that I mean that I need for something to change. I either need the Lord to give me a "new" grace for dealing with them, or I need to not have as much contact with them, or SOMETHING.

I also want a vacation REALLY badly, and I have no idea when that will ever happen. We MIGHT be able to plan a vacation with our next income tax refund, but we won't know until January, and even if we CAN squeeze a trip out of that, we most likely won't travel until next May. Right now, that seems like a really, really, really long way off.

Gee, don't you just love reading my blog when I'm whiny? :)
Okay, I"m done now.
Vicki

No comments: