Wednesday, August 22, 2007

An Open Letter To My Husband And......

all the other men who need to get a clue about their wives.

Dear Husband,
I truly, deeply love with you with all of my heart. I know beyond any shadow of doubt that God brought us together, and that He chose us for each other. You're a wonderful, Godly man, and a great father.

There are, however, a few things that I wish I could get you to really, truly, deeply, in your heart of hearts, KNOW.

1. It is not ALWAYS "that time of the month".

2. When I am in ANYTHING that you refer to as "a mood" whether it be sad, angry, pensive, or just "deep in thought", don't automatically assume that it's about you, or even that it has anything to do with you. My moods are one of the few things that I can truly call my own, so just let me have them, okay?

3. "Go ask your Mama" is NOT the correct answer to ANY question when said Mama is in the bathroom, cooking a meal, cleaning anything, working at the desk, OR watching a baseball game.

4. Camping is NOT a vacation. Camping is work, discomfort, dirt, bugs, and boredom. I can accept camping as a punishment for a crime, a form of torture, and for some, maybe, an activiity, but it is not in any way, shape or form a VACATION. To use the words camping and vacation in the same sentence is an absolute vile abomination.

5. Contrary to your opinion, the world should NOT come to a screeching halt for every college football game. It SHOULD, however, take a hiatus during the World Series.

6. YES, I NEED to talk on the phone that much, YES I NEED that long to get ready, and YES, I occasionally NEED chocolate.

Please committ these facts to memory. It will make both our lives SO much easier.
Love you bunches,
Your Wife

3 comments:

Christina said...

Haha! This made me chuckle! If only all men could learn these things, what a perfect world we would have. lol I especially liked the "go ask mama" one.

Mama Fish said...

I especially liked the camping one! Oh I can soooo relate to that! lol!

jeannie said...

(LOL)

That was good. I can relate to all of those as some time or other...

jeannie