Thursday, December 20, 2007

Merry Christmas!!

I know it's a few days early, but my sister is coming into town tomorrow, and usually, once she arrives, there is just chaos (the fun kind!) at our house. So, I may or may not post again before Christmas.

I've just been sitting here thinking that the Lord has been so much better to me than I deserve. I am not at all worthy of the blessings He has given me and my family. No, things aren't perfect, and WE are not perfect, but we are so very, very blessed.

For Christmas this year, our Heavenly Father has given us health for ourselves and our children, a wonderful family, a wonderful church family, and so much more. He has filled our hearts with His peace, and His love, and His presence.

My heart is full tonight, wanting to plead with my Savior on behalf of so many who are not having a joyous holiday season. Just in my own small circle of friends and acquaintances, I know, or know of, 2 ladies who have gone home to be with Jesus in the last few days after battling cancer. Both of these ladies had children, and one of them was expecting a baby. Another friend had to undergo surgery today. She is going to be fine, praise God, but it is still a trial for her. Yet another friend had a cancerous polyp removed during a colonoscopy, and 2 days ago underwent surgery to remove a section of her colon to insure that the cancer did not spread. We are still praying for a good report from the biopsy of the tissue that was removed.
Yet another dear friend saw his 23 year marriage end today when his divorce became final.

I can only imagine what the Christmas and New Year holidays will be like for these folks. I"m reminded of the chorus of a song I listened to every Christmas since my childhood, because it ws on one of my Mom's favorite records~ we don't get much snow around here, but this song still touches my heart~

Give thanks for all you've been blessed with
And hold your loved ones tight
For you know the Lord's been good to you
On a snowy Christmas night.

Whether this Christmas brings you snow, rain, clouds, or sunny skies, I hope you'll enjoy your family, worship our Savior, and have a Blessed Christimas.

In His Love,
Vicki

2 comments:

jeannie said...

I hope you and your family have a MERRY CHRISTMAS, too.

jeannie

Mamosa said...

What a beautiful post! Merry Christmas!