Saturday, December 15, 2007

Friendships

It seems I've heard a lot of conversation lately, in several different circles, about friends. That's where my thoughts were wondering today when I opened my mail. I was THRILLED to find a Christmas card from a dear friend, complete with pictures of her 3 beautiful daughters!

I am blessed with so many friends. I have to say that my dearest friends in the world are probably my 2 sisters, whom I love dearly, and couldn't do without. But, the Lord has blessed me even beyond that.

I have wonderful friends in my church family, who, by the way, I am SO glad to be reunited with! It was a dear friend from my church who introduced me to the wonderful homeschool group that I am blessed to be a part of. I have made many wonderful friends in that group, and I am so thankful for that. I have another dear friend that I was blessed to meet in a Mom's group when my oldest child was a newborn. This lady has been a friend to me for 10 years now, and I am thankful for her and her family.

The friend from whom I received the Christmas card today is someone that I grew up with. She and I met at the age of 14, and we've been the best of friends ever since that time. Jen has stood by me, and by my family, through a LOT of stuff, both good and bad. She is lilke a sister to me, and my parent's refer to her as their "other" daughter, along with our dear friend Becky, who is also a "daughter" to my parents, and who also gives a great haircut! :)

I love my family, and I think anyone who knows me knows that. I love them, and I am WAY beyond thankful for them. But friends are an extra special blessing, and I am so very, very thankful for every one that I have.

I am truly
Vicki

3 comments:

Mamosa said...

I have remained in contact with my kindergarten best friend from my childhood in Baltimore. I just found out that she is pregnant again at 41! I love my friends, too!

T & A said...

I'm glad to call you "friend".
(((HUGS)))

Susan said...

Friends are wonderful, aren't they!