Monday, December 10, 2007

A Jumble of Thoughts

I wanted to write a post today because today is our 13th wedding anniversary, and I felt like I "ought" to post something. But, my thoughts are all over the place today, so I'm having a hard time focusing on just that one thing. So, that leaves you, dear reader, with the jumble that is my brain right now :)

I am so thankful to the Lord for His goodness to us, and His blessings upon us right now. He blessed us with a GREAT weekend trip with my family, He has blessed us with some wonderful gifts for our children this Christmas that have cost us little, or in some cases, nothing. That has led us to a more stable financial "spot", and that is wonderful!

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary. I stand in awe when I think back about all that the Lord has brought us through, and all the miracles He has worked on our behalf, and all of his wonderful blessings. He has seen us through EXTREME financial difficulty, health issues, extended family issues and pressures, 2 years of infertility followed by the birth of our 3 amazing children, and the ensuing 10 years of the ups and downs of raising kids.

I love my husband more today than I ever have before. As a result of being his wife, I have grown and changed as a person. I am so thankful that God chose such a loving, caring, unselfish man as my husband. I am thankful that my husband loves the Lord more than he loves me.

Other thoughts bouncing around in my head......
Cornerstone Baptist Church will officially re-open it's doors on Dec 16, 2007. We will have an 11am worship service, and a 6pm "World's Greatest Bible Study and Fellowship", during which we will share refreshments and participate in a casual "comments and questions welcome" Bible study. The children will be in Children's Church during the morning service, but will be with us during the evening Bible study.
Thus ends our 2 year 'search for a church'. This is proof to us that you CAN indeed go home again. :)

I ran into a dear sweet lady that we attended church with during the time that Cornerstone was closed. I was heart broken to discover that this lady and her husband are ending thier 20 some year marriage. It's a sad situation for both of them, and for everyone involved, and it just makes me heartsick. It does, on the other hand, make me grateful to the Lord for blessing our marriage.

We are in a time of year right now that I just LOVE. We had a great time this past weekend, but that is not what I like best. What I like best is now. We bought some new ornaments from our tree during our trip, and I purchased a few gifts. I love adding ornaments to the tree, buying gifts for those I love, and wrapping gifts and placing them under the tree.

Today, I"m doing the laundry and cleaning the house. Dh went to do some quick shopping between his two jobs, and he found JUST the thing that our 9yo daughter really wanted for Christmas, and some things for the other 2 children as well. My sister will be staying with the children one day in the near future so that dh and I can go together to finish shopping for our kids. So, we're getting the gifts ready, my Mom is planning the menu for our "big" Christmas dinner, my kids are counting the days until my sister and her girls, who were with us this weekend on our trip, will be back for Christmas, and we are all looking forward to my dh having several days off from BOTH his jobs during Christmas and New Years. Like I said, I LOVE this time of year!!

Vicki

1 comment:

jeannie said...

Happy Anniversary!

jeannie