Saturday, March 24, 2007

What a Weekend!!!

My goodness, what a weekend it's been!! I planned my day Thursday thinking that we had no where to go that evening, no baseball practice for Noah, nothing like that. Then, at about 2pm, I find out that Noah has a tournament game at 6pm!! So, dinner changes from what I had planned to something that can be prepared, eaten, and cleaned up in time for us to make it to the ball field by 5:30! We made it on time, and our little guys won their game! Noah was SO proud that he made an excellent defensive play, got two hits with no tee, and scored 2 runs!!

I laughed my head off when he rattled off all these accomplishments to my sister on the phone. Then, he paused to listen to something she said, moved the phone away from his mouth, then asked me "Mommy, did we WIN the game?" LOL! I told him that they did win, and he said, into the phone "Yep, Mommy says we won. When are you coming to see us again?" obviously finding the game itself more interesting than who won or lost. Oh, how I wish he could keep that attitude forever!!!

Friday was easier for me, because our game was not until 8pm, but I felt sorry for some of our little ones!! Our team is 'officially' a 5 and 6 year old team, but some of our 5yos are BARELY 5, and we have one 4yo on the team. Noah never goes to bed before 10pm, but some of these little guys were up past their bedtimes! Still, they managed to pull out a win.

Today, the story was not as good. Noah got only one at bat, and he struck out. We lost our game. BUT, the great news is, Noah was just as excited about this game as he has been all weekend!! After the game, Roger surprised me by telling me that he was taking us all to Cracker Barrel for lunch. It was late by this time, so it was dinner too. A day in which I don't have to cook is ALWAYS a good day!! :)

Tomorrow will be interesting. I all ready have a bag packed so that we can all change clothes at after church tomorrow morning and head straight from there to a drive thru to grab some lunch and head to our 1 o clock game. Then, it's back home to get everyone cleaned up and ready for AWANA, which starts at 5:30. Our evening service tomorrow will consist of an 'old fashioned gospel singing" which I am really looking forward too.

It's going to be a very full day, but I have a feeling that everyone at our house will sleep very well tomorrow night!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Blessings,
Vicki

No comments: