Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Making Commitments

Okay, this post it a total rant, and it is related to a person I am aquainted with IRL who I totally know does not read this blog because the person does not have internet access, so I feel "safe" venting about it here.

That, and the fact that part of the reason I have a blog in the first place is so I can vent here when I feel like it!!

The question that this person has provoked me into asking today is this:

WHY do people make commitments and then not keep them? Wait. Maybe I should re-phrase my question. I SO understand that sometimes things happen that are beyond our control, and sometimes those things make us unable to keep certain commitments.

So, new question. If you voluntarily made a commitment, and it is within your power to keep that commitment, why on earth WOULDN'T you KEEP that commitment??!!! Did I miss something? When did it become okay to commit to doing something, then, when the time comes to do it, just go "You know what, I changed my mind" or "It's just too inconvenient for me".

On what planet do people actually want to model this behaviour for their children?

In what alternate universe does this build your reputation instead of tearing it down?

In whose warped mind does this NOT tear down your testimony for Christ?

Last time I checked, the Bible said to let your yes be yes and your no be no. Which part of that is so hard to understand?

If you've indulged my rant by reading this far, bless you. I feel a bit better now. At least I think the steam has stopped coming out of my ears. :)

Blessings,
Vicki

No comments: