Monday, November 5, 2007

Something's Brewing......I think

I once wrote a post entitled "A Part of Something Special". Unfortunately, I think I forgot to transfer it from my old blog. It spoke of the small church my Dad pastored, and how priveleged we felt to have been a part of such a unique and wonderful church family.

My Dad announced to us last Sunday that he plans to re-open Cornerstone, the wonderful church that closed it's doors just about 2 years ago. There is still one small church in our area that is considering my Dad as their pastor, and in fact, they have told him he is the "leading candidate". The congregation there seems to love my Dad and his preaching style, and they are in agreement with our vision of what a church should be. Also, nearly every former member of Cornerstone has visited this church, and we all loved it, so IF they do call him to pastor, it should not be a problem at all to simply "blend" the two congregations. And, if the Lord places someone else in the pastorate there, then we will continue with the plans to re-open Cornerstone. Either way, it's going to be SO good to be "HOME" again!!

The other area in which it seems that God is "up to something" is our home. We discussed the possibility of moving during the summer. Those particular plans fell through, but that "inkling" that I"ve had ever since then that we are "supposed to' move has not gone away.

Now, we've found out that a really nice house right here on our street will soon be available for rent. We are currently buying our home, not renting, and many folks have shared their opinion that renting instead of buying is a bad idea. I understand their point, but my dh and I don't happen to agree with them. Our position is that our REAL home is in heaven, and so whether we buy or rent here makes very little difference. Besides, truth be told, the house we are currently buying is not in the greatest of shape. What is the point of ownership if what you own isn't worth having?

Now, please don't misunderstand me. Our home is adequate at the moment, and we are VERY grateful to the Lord for providing it for us. That said, we need more room. We have 3 children sharing one room, and we have only one bathroom in the house. Remodeling could take care of these issues, but we've gotten several indications lately that there is mold in the walls of this house. If that is the case, then the cost of fixing that would not be worth it, and we would be better off to just move.

But, nothing is decided yet. DH plans soon to talk to the man who is renting out the house on our street to ask him how much the rent would be. Just this weekend, my inlaws offered to help us with remodeling our current home. But, as I said, with the mold problem, we don't know that it would be worth it. We also have a very long and complicated list of reasons why we are hesitant to accept this kind of offer from my inlaws.

Either way, SOMETHING has to be done. The 3 kiddos can't stay in one room forever, and my husband and oldest dd have allergy/sinus issues anyway, so the mold situation is NOT good for them. So, I figure something's gotta give. And, these thoughts keep crossing my mind for no obvious reason~thoughts like cleaning out a closet and thinking "Oh, let's get rid of that, I don't want to have to move it" when we don't have any actual plans to move. These type of thoughts have been popping into my head at random moments for months now.

So, pray with me if you will, about all of this. God is up to SOMETHING, and when God's up to something, it's ALWAYS something good!!!
In His Love,
Vicki

1 comment:

jeannie said...

Only ONE bathroom, that has got to be hard. I hope that it all works out for you guys with the house thing.
You know sometimes in our lives we get to crossroads and they all LOOK good, but which one do we choose.
We always try our best to be led by the Lord, but to know which is the right path can be VERY hard. Cause to US they all look good.
I will be in prayer with you guys that it all works out the LORDS way.

jeannie**