Monday, November 19, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

It IS beginning to look like Christmas at our house, and I"m a little surprised! My hubby enjoys Christmas well enough, but compared to me, he's just the tiniest bit of a Scrooge.

But not this year!

We've been watching our Christmas DVD's for a couple of weeks now all ready, and yesterday, he pulled out the Christmas music! Our van has only a cassette player, not a CD player, so he had our Christmas CD's playing in the house all day long on Saturday, recording them onto cassette so he could listen to them in the van.

I was a little surprised by both the movies and the music. Then, tonight, he pulled out some of the decorations! Usually, all our decorations go up on the same day, sometime shortly after Thanksgiving. Tonight, I have garland hanging in one doorway, and lighted decorations hanging in the living room windows, though they won't be tured on until Thursday night or Friday. And, our big outdoor candy canes and spiral Christmas trees for the yard are sitting by the front door, waiting for dh and the kids to put them up tomorrow evening!

I LOVE this time of year~especially when there are no Scrooges in the house!

Vicki


1 comment:

jeannie said...

You know I think alot of ppl are decorating already. It does kinda put you in the mood when you see everyone else doing it.
I bet your kids are LOVING IT..

jeannie**