Friday, September 14, 2007

Opportunities

We have a rather urgent financial need right now. And you know what? I can't do anything except praise the Lord for that!

Yes, this need makes me "uncomfortable", and I've asked our friends to help us pray about it, and I hope it is resolved quickly, but still, I can only praise God.

That's because we have been in situations of financial need many times before. Sometimes, those situations were our own fault, a result of financial mistakes that we made. Other times, the situations were not of our own making. The amazing thing is, in BOTH cases, whether it was our own fault or not, God has ALWAYS come through for us!! Not always as quickly as we would have liked, and not always in the way we would have liked, but He has always come through for us.

That is not to say that we can just "mess up" any time we want too, and God will always come and clean up the mess. What it means is that when we make a mistake in handling our finances, and we realize that mistake and come to God, confessing to him that we made the wrong decision, or whatever the case may be, He WILL provide for our needs. We won't neccessarily get our WANTS, but He will provide our needs. Each and every time.

This particular situation that we are dealing with now is not entirely of our own making. It is something that just "hit us' today. But, I can see how this situation would be a lot easier to handle now if we had made better money decisions in the past.

But, that is under the blood now. The Lord knows that Roger and I are doing our best now to make the best decisions we can with our money, decisions that are in line with His Word. Satan is not happy about that, and I think that our current situation is, at least in part, something that satan has "thrown in our faces" so to speak.

That being the case, I choose not to look at this as a problem, but as an opportunity for God to come on the scene, and to "show up and show off" as the old fashioned preachers used to say.
I don't know about anyone else, but I just love watching God show off.! :)
Vicki

No comments: