Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Thoroughly Disgusted

And utterly repulsed

And sickened, disgusted, and just plain fed up.

This morning, on Dr James Dobson's Focus on the Family radio broadcast, which you can hear online at http://www.family.org/ , he played an audio recording from a school assembly that took place at Boulder High School in Boulder, CO on April 10, 2007. This assembly was mandatorily attended by the students in grades 9-12.

A man stood up and introduced himself as a clinical psychologist. He went on to say, amid cheers and laughter from the students, that he was NOT there to tell them NOT to have sex, do drugs, or drink alcohol. He was there instead to share with them the "safe" and "smart" ways to do these things because, in his words, "I know you're going to do them anyway".

Excuse me??!! Are you KIDDING me?!

Oh, I see! I"ve been doing it wrong all these years! I"m supposed to tell my kids that it's okay to lie to me, because they're going to do it anyway.

I'm supposed to tell them that it's okay to treat each other badly, because they're going to do it anyway. It's okay to steal, because they're going to take things that don't belong to them anyway.

WHAT?!?!?!

I have never heard such garbage in my entire life. The fact that the minds and hearts of innocent children are being filled with this absolute garbage just sickens me.

That psychologist, the speaker who followed him and endorsed his comments, the school administrators that set up this assembly, and every parent that DOESN'T protest this trash should be horse whipped.

I've been told that I should never say never, but right now, at this moment, I cannot imagine ANY set of circumstances that would EVER compel me or my husband to allow any of our children to be enrolled in a public school.

I'd sooner let my child play in a cesspool. For Cryin' Out Loud. :(
Vicki

No comments: