Sunday, June 17, 2007

Thank you, Daddy

For teasing my sisters about how I was your favorite when I was little, and for letting me believe it.

For allowing me to spend lots of time with YOUR Daddy.

For showing confidence in my abilities, even when I was so very young.

For leading me to Christ at the age of almost 5, and not brushing me off as "too young".

For raising me in a home centered around the Word of God, and filled with love.

For loving my mom, and for wanting the whole world to KNOW that you loved this lady!!

For giving so many years of your life to ministering to others, and for including our whole family in that ministry.

For all those movie "dates".

For all the great vacations.

For working 2, and sometimes 3 jobs so I could attend a christian school.

For being my wonderful pastor for so many years.

For being such a great Sunday School teacher.

For loving my husband and my children as much as I do.

For speaking my language.

No one but my Daddy will understand that last one, but we have some "code words" that we use that only we and a few family members understand, and even though I'm now 36 years old, my Daddy and I still speak to each other in this "language" from time to time. My kids are picking it up too, and it's silly, but it's so much fun!!

Because of my Daddy, I know what it means to "live out" your relationship with Christ. And, because of Daddy, I can see the humor in almost anything, and I'll never be able to express how that has helped me through some tough situations.

So, this seems so simple, and so inadequate, but,

Thanks, Daddy.
With love,
Vicki

No comments: