Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Need Prayer? Or Need To PRAY?

I have had SO many things going on lately that I sometimes feel overwhelmed with it all, and I"ve been asking ALL of my christian friends to pray for me and my family. I am blessed with friends who I know WILL pray~not just SAY that they will pray. So, I am comforted by the knowledge that so many friends are praying for me right now, and I sure hope they don't stop!!

But, I've noticed something in myself. I talk to friends, or send out an email asking for THEIR prayers, but then I tend to rely on those prayers and find MYSELF not praying as much as I should. So, things don't go smoothly and I don't feel peace, and then I find myself thinking "Somebody isn't praying for me like they said they would!"

Well, duh! That SOMEBODY is me! Yes, I need the prayers of my family and friends, but so much more than that, *I* need to pray! I need to hang on to my time in prayer and in God's Word like the life preserver that it is.

I don't know if others have this problem too, or if it's just me. But, just in case you're struggling in a certain area and need prayer, please ask for it. You NEED prayer. Just don't forget that you also need to pray yourself.
Blessings,
Vicki

2 comments:

jeannie said...

Great advice.... To Pray for ourselves....

Mama Fish said...

Vicki- I totally resonated with that post. I find myself in the same situation at times.... I need to stop and slow/quiet down enough, to pray for my situation as well.