Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Like it or not, I"m contagious!!!

I know that some of the Mom's from my homeschool group read this blog, so before you freak out, I did NOT bring any contagious disease to Mom's Night tonight! ~At least, none that I'm aware of!! LOL

I'm not speaking of carrying a contagious physical ailment, all though we sometimes carry those too! :) The fact is that whether we want to admit it or not, we as Mom's are always contagious. Our husbands, our kids, and anyone who spends a significant amount of time in our home will 'catch' our moods and attitudes.

Sometimes, I wish this were NOT true. Sometimes, I find myself thinking that it's not fair that this is true. But, it's still a fact. If I grumble about housework, my children are very likely to grumble about their chores. If I groan at the prospect of another day's schoolwork, my kids are very likely to do the same thing.

If my husband comes home and finds me sour faced, snapping at the kids, and stomping around the house, chances are good that in a few minutes time HE will also be sour faced, snapping, and stomping around.

Thankfully, the reverse is also true. If I sing or play music while doing housework, the kids are more likely to help willingly and cheerfully. If I'm excited, or at least NOT disgusted at the days schoolwork, the children will be fine with it too. If my husband is greeted at the door with smiles and pleasantness, he is much more likely to give the same in return.

I confess, there are days when I am simply in a bad mood and would love to be left alone to just BE in a bad mood. But, I try really hard to NOT give in to that, because whether I smile or frown, laugh or yell at everyone, I AM CONTAGIOUS!!! And, if you're a Mom, so are you.

Blessings,
Blessedbeyondmeasure

1 comment:

Karen said...

So true, Vicki! I find that I set the tone, for good or bad around here.