Tuesday, February 13, 2007

If we are the Body of Christ.....

There is a song that asks the question "If we are the body, why aren't His hands reaching, why aren't His feet going", etc.

I don't know the song by heart, but I always enjoy it when I hear it on the radio.

When I think of the Body of Christ, I think of the Church. I tend to think of my church, and of the wonderful friends we've made there.

But, my family members who are saved are also part of the body of Christ, and I am so thankful to God for using them to bless me!
I have been a part of a local homeschool group for about 2 years now. Tonight, for the first time, I was able to attend the monthly Mom's Night Out gathering. Spending time with other christian homeschooling Moms was a wonderful blessing. But the even greater blessing for me was how my family pulled together so that I could go tonight.

I am unable to drive, so getting to Mom's Night is not always do-able for me because of transportation issues, and sometimes just because we have other things to do. But, a couple of weeks ago, I mentioned to my husband that since he needed to be in a certain part of town tonight anyway, IF the Mom's Night was held nearby, I'd really like to go.

Well, my wonderful husband not only made it possible for me to go, he INSISTED that I go! We enlisted my sister's help to keep an eye on our munchkins during my husband's volleyball game. I have the two most wonderful sisters anyone could ask for!!

My husband took the children to my sister, dropped me off at the restaraunt for Mom's Night, went to the store for me to buy some last minute items for tomorrow's hs group Valentine Party, went and played volleyball for our church team ( and won!) then stayed after the game to take down the volleyball net and set up the tables for tomorrow's party, since it is to be held in our church gymnasium. My sister met him there with the kids, and he brought them all to the restaraunt to pick me up.

And, he did all of this in spite of that fact that he worked really hard today, having extra work to do because they cut one position from the department where he works. That is going to make this a tough week for him, and he knew that, but still he did all of this for me tonight without a single complaint or cross word.

I am truly, truly blessed, and I just have to praise God once again for the wonderful husband He has given me.

I am guessing that nearly everyone married woman who is reading this is thinking " I have a wonderful husband too!" I hope you do. And if you do, I hope you will TELL him so.
Blessings,
Vicki

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm so glad you got to go - I only wish I had been there too! :)