Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Thank you, Lord, For The Weekends

In light of my last 2 rather whiny posts, I thought I"d share something good. Actually, I thought I'd all ready blogged about this, but I don't see the post here, so I must be thinking of the email I sent my sister.

Anyway, the Lord blessed us with a wonderful time this past weekend. We thought dh was going to have to work on Saturday, but he ended up getting the day off. We spent a pleasant morning at home, with dh playing with the kiddos while I got a few things done.

Then, we decided to go and eat somewhere before heading out to the circus. We tried a new Mexican restaraunt, and for the first time in a long time, we actually ate at a place that all 5 of us really liked!! Nice atmosphere, good service, GREAT food, and not too expensive! We will definitely be eating there again soon!

We had some extra time before the circus, and we were very near where I lived as a child, so we took the kids by to see the where I used to live. I made an interesting discovery there about a patch of monkey grass, which I will write about in my next post.

We headed off to the circus, and found a great parking space, very near the gate where our seats were located. The children got to take an up close look at the animals during the pre-show, and we all enjoyed the show VERY much. The Lord blessed us with a wonderful time, and some great memories. I am so thankful.

This weekend, we are looking forward to (hopefully) a day off from BOTH jobs for dh, and an evening out with friends. We hope that Saturday will be a day we can just spend together at home as a family, and we are looking forward to an awesome worship service Sunday morning, and a great Bible study Sunday evening.

Don't you just love weekends? :)

Vicki

No comments: