Thursday, July 26, 2007

I know God is merciful because......

Well, there are COUNTLESS things in my life that make me KNOW what a merciful God I serve, but these are things that He brought into my life TODAY.

I know God is merciful because.....

My little girl REALLY wanted to have her cousin with her today when we went bowling with our homeschool group. We thought they weren't going to be here in time to go, but they got here a whole day early!!!

We only paid for 2 games, which turned out to be just enough for our munchkins.

I had one errand that I needed to do today, but was dreading. Just in time, I got a phone call telling me that the errand would not be necessary.

We had a "small" need today that needed to be met, but was going to put us in just a bit of a financial bind. The Lord worked it out so that the need was met without costing us a cent.

My friend's little girl had outpatient surgery today. I KNOW how scary it is to have one of your little ones in surgery, no matter how many times they tell you it's "minor" or "routine". The procedure went well, and my friends sweet little girl seems to be recovering well.

Today was "Poppy Day at Lake Winnie" for my kids. "Lake Winnie" is a local amusement park. It's big enough to have cool rides that everyone likes, but it's small enough that you can do it all in a few hours. "Poppy" (my Dad) takes all 6 of his grandchildren there once a year, pays for everything, including game playing, and lets them eat all sorts of junk food. He makes me, my dh, and my sister come along to help "corral" the kids. God showed His mercy there today by letting it rain on us enough to cool us off, but not enough to spoil anyone's fun. He showed His mercy to the adults by letting us find out after we got there that the park would be closing at 8pm (much earlier than we thougt) LOL! And, He was merciful to the kids in allowing us to get in all their favorite rides before the park closed. :)

So, the kids got to ride everything they wanted to ride, and us "old fuddy-duddy" adults didn't have to stay at the park until 10pm like we thought!!! See, I told you He was a merciful God!!! :)

Seriously, we had a good time, and I am so thankful to have a family that is so close that we can do things like this and love it. God is indeed good.
Goodnight, all!!
Vicki

No comments: