Thursday, May 24, 2007

Seek and Ye Shall Find

My thoughts keep going back to what I posted earlier about being either a stumbling block or a stepping stone. I wasn't sure why, I just felt like maybe the Lord wasn't done showing me what He wanted to show me about this.

Then, this evening when I sat down to read my Bible, I read Proverbs chapter 18. One of the verses in this chapter ( sorry, not sure which verse, and I can't get my Bible right now without waking my 7yo who's sick and needs to sleep) says that "an offended brother is harder to be won than a strong city".

So that's when it hit me. The Lord is dealing with me about being careful not to offend others with my "freedoms" or my "rights" because it's much harder to win an offended person to Christ!

I fully realize that God can use His Holy Spirit at any time to draw anyone unto Himself regardless of the circumstances, but He saw fit to put this in His Word, so it MUST be important. It MUST matter to Him whether I'm a stumbling block or a stepping stone.

Kind of makes you think, doesn't it?
Blessings,
Vicki

No comments: