Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Love/hate relationships

I love my computer. I love that my computer allows me to find answers to questions, catch up on the day's news, follow all the scores from all the baseball games each day, and keep in touch with friends.



I hate my computer! My computer doesn't like me. It allows me to freely see all of the emails from one email account while holding hostage every single post in another account! Do you know how frustrating it is to have 40+ emails in your inbox and NOT be able to read them?!!!

I love my phone. It allows me to keep in touch with family and friends, and to get help if I should need it, and to ask my Mom a zillion questions every day.

I hate my phone.
For many days now, I have wanted nothing more than to take my cordless phone and hurl it violently out the back door. It has begun this vastly annoying habit of beeping to tell me that it's battery is low. Ordinarily, I would be grateful for such a warning. But, this mutant phone that has a mind of it's own WILL NOT STAY CHARGED!!!! We let it charge for HOURS, and still, after 2 minutes on the phone.....beep!.....beep!.....beep! UGH!!! So, we bought a new battery. IT WON'T FIT in this phone!!!! AAARRGH!!!

So, we have now decided that it's time to buy a new phone, but since I can't drive to go get one, it will most likely have to wait until the weekend when Roger is off from work. There simply isn't time during the week to take care of it~at least not this week.

I also love being up late at night when the house is mostly dark, and almost completely quiet. But....
I hate waking up tired, and feeling like I"m all ready behind in my day.

So, I'll stop complaining and go to bed.

Oh, one more....I just discovered that my refrigerator( which I love) has sprung a lovely leak ( which I hate!)
Oops, I said I was going to stop complaining didn't I? Don'tcha just hate that?! :)

Blessings,

Vicki

3 comments:

Mama Fish said...

Vicki- we always seemed to go through phones.... my girlfriend went through coffee pots, I went through phones....

I also love to be up late at night, but I hate feeling like I'm behind in the morning. I sometimes so wish I was a morning person... I think it's the best time of day. (Even though I'm hardly functioning then). lol!

jeannie said...

Vicki~ (LOL) You know what I have those days too... (LOL)
I like being up late too cause it is QUIET in the house. But the next morning YIKES, I feel just awful..

Nekey said...

Ugh! I feel for you girlfriend.. we bought a new phone recently for the same reason. Eventually it just didn't even come on. ;)Hope you can get a new one soon.. Oh! and I am a night owl too.
Nekey