Friday, July 25, 2008

My Turning The Tables Fantasy

I would never do this to anyone in real life. It just wouldn't be nice. But, in recent weeks, I have had the misfortune to be around people who think it's okay to give me flack about the fact that we homeschool our kids.

If you've ever homeschooled, you know what I"m talking about. The questions and comments like "Don't they want to make friends?" "What about socialization?" "I couldn't stand being with my kids all day." "How can you teach high school courses?" "Are you STILL homeschooling?" and on and on it goes.

Just once, just ONE time, I would LOVE to be able to walk up to a person whose kids are in traditional school and say "Oh, you're kids can ONLY make friends at school? What a shame!" Or, "Oh, my, how difficult it must be for your children, since they only know age-segregated, artificial socialization! I don't know how you cope with that!" Or, "Oh, you don't enjoy being around your children? How very sad!" Or, "Oh, you mean you DON'T learn along WITH your children?!! Really?! Imagine that!" Or, "Oh, your children are STILL in school? Aren't you going to homeschool this year?"

I won't ever do it. But it surely would be fun!! LOL
Vicki

3 comments:

Nekey said...

hahahhahaha.. love it.. I have felt the same way. It is so aggravating.

Nekey

Mamosa said...

That WOULD be fun to answer in that way!

jeannie said...

You know I dont hardly ever get anything from anyone about homeschooling. But just the other day talking to my grandmother she said to me "do you think you are smart enough to school those kids, are you going to make them dumb?"
I really just had to bite my tongue. I just said to myself she is old. lol