Sunday, January 21, 2007

Just what I've been waiting to hear!!!

I have always hoped I'd raise at least one 'true reader'. Certainly, I want all my kids to learn to read. I praise the Lord that both my girls are good readers, and my son is well on his way in reading. But, I've always hoped that at least one of my kids would share my LOVE of reading.

I think my wish may have been granted. Rachel, who just turned 9, has been reading fluently for a while now, but has never really read for her own personal enjoyment. BUT, she asked for and received a 'Drake and Josh' book and a couple of 'Hanna Montana' books for her birthday.

Two nights ago, it finally happened. I called into the other room to tell Rachel that it was time to get ready for bed, and she called back "Please, Mom, can I just finish one more page?"

I was tickled to pieces! And yes, I let her finish the page! :)
Blessings,
Vicki

No comments: